The Route

The Route
The Route

Saturday 18 September 2010

No flies on me!

Well after the start this morning things just got better and better. The walk to Fromista was a joy I followed an irrigation canal that went on for miles and I crossed over it via a very narrow walkway, and into Fromista. I stopped along the way at an alternative albergue for lunch, it had tepee's as the accommodation with a small bar come canteen over looking the gardens. One of the guests staying had more bites than Dracula’s favorite victim. I only stopped for a drink and something to eat, I had a look around and thought it must be good 30000 flies can't all be wrong. I settled for a cheese and tomato bocadillo. I saw a very large Spanish pilgrim with a very small back pack if you can call it that, walked in ordered a beer drank it and went out side. I finished up walked outside just in time to see him put his backpack into the boot of a taxi. A lot of Spanish people do the Camino bit-by-bit and return to do another section later in the year or even the following year. Really pleased that I managed 34km today. Any way I'm now in a small town called Carrion De Los Condes and I'm staying in a very nice old convent, and life is good

Ps I hope you enjoyed the Amos Lee song it's one of my all time favorites

No comments: