The Route

The Route
The Route

Thursday 2 September 2010

St Jean Pied de Port To Roncevalles

Well i´ve made to Roncevalles in Spain a long walk 27 K but more like 37 with the gradient upto an altitude of 1458 metres. fatanstic views and eagles soaring no more than twenty feet above our heads .  It´s been a long exhausting day, i  left St jean pied de port at about 8 am after checking that my friend Ray and his wife Martha were ok, unfortunately she injured herself last night and at the moment can´t continue. So i´m on my own. The walk through the Ibeneta Pass was spectacular looking down on clouds and dense woodland. I reached Roncesvalles at about 1850 hours booked a table at the restuarant for a pilgrims meal if you don´t book you don´t eat. Went for a quick shower ,I´ve been put on the camp site as the main accomodation is full, missed my booked dinner but i may try and get in after mass.the last 4 k was very painful as it was down hill, after spending the whole day of walking up hill my little legs protested that they were now required to do the opposite and i had to strap my knee to try and ease the pain. Sorry it´s only a short post with a day missing (gatwick to St jean pied de port) When i´m more relaxed and at a PC i understand i will try give a more in depth account with some pictures if i can. I´m off now to phone home and then it´s off to mass and dinner if i´m lucky.

No comments: